Saturday, November 29, 2008

Can one person change the world?

When I was working as an estimator for Comstock one of my co-workers startled me by making this observation, "I've noticed that you're different! Your interaction with people is so friendly and caring. Why?"

I stumbled a bit in making my response. I was so surprised that someone even noticed. As I composed my thoughts I explained that my faith as a Christian was the reason. Because God cares about me I care about others. It was the first time I fully realized that we as individuals have the opportunity to change the world.

In 1 Chronicles 26 the mighty commanders of King David's army were a positive influence on others when they dedicated their spoils of war to maintaining the house of God.

The Apostle Peter changed the world with his eyewitness accounts of Jesus and his life of sacrifice for the sake of others as referred to in 2 Peter, Chapter 2.

In Luke Chapter 13 Jesus' parables reveal that "a single repentent life" can have a miraculous and far-reaching impact on the lives of others. The impact of a repentent life is like a tiny mustard seed that grows into a huge bush providing shelter for many birds or a small amount of yeast that slowly and steadily works its way through the bread dough, helping it to rise.

In both Micah, Chapter 4 and in Luke 13 we are told about the prophesy concerning the cummulative impact of these "repentent lives". Many nations will come to God. They will not battle in war anymore. God will gather the lame and the outcasts. People from the north, south, east, and west will come into God's kingdom.

No comments: